Monday, June 14, 2010

21, or is it?



"21.

We are exactly three weeks away from our lift date and the pressure is on. We spent the better part of yesterday sorting through an obscene amount of playmobil, legos, blocks, k'nex, and bakugan. It was a day of "

The above is the draft of a post I started yesterday, and for some reason I can't possibly imagine, had to abandon it before it had even really begun... :0

When I came back to finish it today, something odd about this hit me, and I couldn't figure out what it was. Until, it REALLY hit me. I've been counting wrong! Chalk it up to packing/moving brain or whatever, but I've been thinking I have three weeks until the lift!

Actually we are LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!! How this happened, I have no idea. But it happened, and it continues to happen, and fast.

What's started to hit us now are the "lasts". Sunday was our last family birthday party with Bubby & Zaidy and Great Gma & Gpa. I was so physically spent from hours of packing that I couldn't even enjoy it.

Today was our last well check at the family doctor. I almost cried when I thanked the doctor for taking care of the kids for the past five years, and for changing some of my older kids' lives by prescribing medications I never would've gone for without his gentle nudging.

We are also on the last week of school, and I have no idea how I am still working and keeping it all together. Well, maybe not exactly "keeping it together", because several teachers approached me about how certain kids of mine have become uncooperative, not finishing work, acting out, etc. I guess it's to be expected with what's going on at home, but that realization doesn't make it any easier.

But, enough complaining, because there really is no TIME for complaining.

After all, it's 13.



No comments: