Friday, August 6, 2010

They make me proud :)

Just have to write a quick note to say how proud of "J" I am!! 


I cannot imagine how hard it must be for ALL of my kids to move overseas, change schools and have to make a whole new set of friends, all in one summer! Especially hard I would imagine would be for J, a "going into 5th grader", my only girl. Girls are socially more aware at this age (read: eons ahead of their Neanderthal boy counterparts ;) and friendships have already been formed, some that may even be for life. 


Enter J. A shy but courageous young lady, who goes to a brand new camp, not knowing even ONE girl, with a smile on her face. She gently introduces herself and begins the slow dance of making new friends. Not once has she complained or said that she wishes she could've stayed back in the states. Her attitude is going to make all the difference, and her brave determination is something that I am in awe of. 


Love you, J!!

2 comments:

SaraK said...

Your kids are great, just like their Ima! :)

Anne said...

She is amazing. Keep telling her what you shared with us. She takes after her mom!