Sunday, August 21, 2011

So What Do You Do?

I told you, I'm flying out tomorrow night, iy'h, and now I have a problem. We like to go to the kotel anytime we leave or re-enter Israel. I don't know where we got this family "minhag"(custom) or even if it may be a real inyan, but it's something that we do.


BAW and I had discussed taking the kids in to Jlem tomorrow to make a stop at the kotel, maybe ride the new light rail, grab something to eat and head home. A kind of "good-bye Imma and B" event. 


But now I'm not so sure. Yerushalayim is on high terror alert. Rockets are still falling in the Southern regions of the country regardless of the ceasefire Hamas had agreed to not an hour ago. Supposedly there was a terrorist apprehended in Pisgat Ze'ev in Jerusalem earlier today, although this has not been confirmed. 


Do we lay low until things "calm down"? Will things calm down? Do we have full faith that on a mission to pray at the Wall we'll be safe and protected?  Do we give in to terrorism? Do we let fear overtake us and not go where we want when we want? 


I dunno. What would you do?

No comments: