Monday, July 25, 2011

If You Care

Whew, this blogging things takes D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E! Not one of my S-T-R-O-N-G points :)


The longer I don't write, the more I have to force myself to sit down and do it. No real ideas for a post today, just some random ramblings of the beginning of our summer vacation.


The kids were finally out of school Friday. Gasp! Through July! Yes, it's true. The beginning of July started the "Extra Month" program that is a mixture of camp and school. The kids go in a half an hour later (8:30am) and end a couple hours earlier. For the most part they are still learning (only Judaic Studies at this point, to everyone's relief we left General Studies in the dust at the end of June), but the days have more of a campy feel: Balloon Day, Drums Day, Baking Day, Kite Day, Talent Show Day, you get the drift. Several times they brought in huge inflatable water slides and had Water Day. The big trip of the month was to an amusement/water park. There was much less kvetching about getting up and getting off to school, and I was happy, they were occupied and still learning and now I don't really feel a pressure to force them to go to summer camp. It was a win-win.


The first two days of vacation have been good, we aren't ready to kill each other yet, so that must be good :) The readers in the family (um, that's everyone except N) have read a ridiculous amount of books this week, so it must really be summer vacation. This whole Get Four Books Out At A Time At The Library Thing is not really working for us. We go in groups since not everyone can get a book out :( and by the time we pull into the driveway the books are chucked at me with an exasperated, "Done!"


Yesterday BAW took the "big kids" to Jlem for the afternoon and the little guys and I hung out in the pool. Today we were all home, but everyone spent a good 2 1/2 hours in the pool. Tomorrow we'll have to get out again because too many days home is no good, but it's supposed to be close to 100 degrees and it's just no fun to go out in this heat. 


That's it, just a boring ole update of what we've been up to. 

No comments: