Sunday, July 3, 2011

A few days of idle, but not for long...

This blog has been idle, and you know what they say about idle blogs...well, I dunno. Nothing devilish I hope. Not only has my blog been idle, but my dirty dishes, my mop and pail, my ever-filling hampers, and a whole lotta other stuff.


It's funny that my last post was about walking miles in any direction, as I've been particularly challenged in even walking downstairs over the past few days. I don't know if I've become particularly weak and kvetchy over the past year, or if the germs here really are stronger, or just different. This is twice now in a year, that I've been literally knocked on my back with some kind of illness. The first time was back in the winter when I had a terrible flu that lasted ten days, and took a full month until I was completely over it. This time it was a "simple" bout of strep, but seriously, there were moments that I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I'm not kidding. 


I spent most of three days in my bed whimpering in pain. Even with 4 (ok, 6, but don't tell anyone) Advil, I couldn't get my fever under 103 or my throat to stop feeling like someone was jamming a butcher knife down it. Even the unshakable PH looked kind of ruffled when I cried for him to take me to the emergency room and please, please get me an IV. Is that normal for strep? Is that normal for anything short of say, one's last dying moments?


Anywhoo, long story short I got a phone call from the doctor's office today telling me I have a strain of strep that does not respond to antibiotics and I have to wait for it to go away on it's own. Doctors and nurses alike out there, have you ever heard of such a thing?? I thought by definition strep is bacterial? Whatever. 


Thank g-d my strength is coming back, and I can stop texting my sisters goodbye messages. 


That's about it, just a quick update to let you know where I've been, and no more. Because you know what they say: A functioning blog means everything else around me is falling apart. 

2 comments:

MM said...

That's awful! I remember our doc in Israel told us he got so sick his first year he thought he was gonna die...maybe it's diff germs bodies gotta get used to?

SaraK said...

Oh no... Please, G-d, keep me healthy my 1st year...