Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Miss Me :(

I miss me.

Once in a while I'll catch a glimpse of my former self. Laughing, playing, taking a spontaneous trip for EIGHT for slurpees. But for the most part, this move is devouring me alive. I have no time for anything or anyone. My kids are starting to suffer from my distractedness. I used to so be the mother that would jump into the car at a moment's notice and go to the zoo! farm! museum! park! bay! beach! hike!

Sadly, now I am drained. Physically, emotionally, financially, drained. I think that the one thing I am looking forward to most about this move is the return to normalcy. Don't get me wrong. I know that it might take a good 6 months until we see the other side of THAT rainbow, but at least I'll feel closer to calm once we get there. For now, I'll bid my former self a fond farewell and hope that we meet again soon.

3 comments:

SaraK said...

Moving is the most stressful thing (so the studies say) and how much more a trans-continental one. You will get yourself back!

NekudaTova said...

Thanks S,
Trying to hard to stay positive! Have to keep upbeat...I think I can..I think I can...I think I can...

Just want the stupid lift to come already. Then I kind of wish that it will sink to the bottom of the ocean so I never have to see all this CRAP again!!!

Wendy said...

Hang in there, kiddo...it'll be worth it when you're there!