Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick

I need a delete button for this week. Or at least a do-over. I don't know how it happened, but I have managed to lose almost an entire week of my life. There I was enjoying myself last shabbos at a friend's house for lunch and the next thing I knew, I was shivering with chills and a fever after my shabbos nap. It's got to be the flu, with the intensity that it's hit us; but I wouldn't really know because I literally cannot get out of bed and get myself to the doctor to find out. I can only write now sitting up halfway in bed high on my favorite cocktail of 3 Advil, 3 Extra Strength Tylenol and lots and lots of decongestant.  BAW has been the lifesaver, once again, admirably balancing work and a household full of sick and well people. 

Besides me being sick, B and R were hit really badly, too. B is hopefully on his way back in to school tomorrow after a FULL week of being out. R seems to be doing a little better, but his asthma seems to exacerbate everything. Just yesterday N came down with a whopping case of...whatever this is. I am not totally a delinquent mother; while I was in different states of unconsciousness, BAW did take R and B to the doctor, who told them it is just a virus. Just wondering...do they diagnose anything here, or is it always "just a virus"?


In addition to the flu, every phone call seemed to bring bad news (most of which I can't get into), TPH is super stressed, and one thing after another seemed to go wrong. Then came the phone call today from our landlords: they are selling the apartment and we can't renew our contract for next year. It's not terrible news (I've been saying from day 1 that I can't wait to get out of here) but it's another move, and not on our time, on someone else's. 


That's my rant for today. Just a bad week. My friend says I need a chat with the Boss, and should head to the Kotel, which I will do just as soon as I get downstairs without stopping to take a nap along the way.

No comments: