Wednesday, January 5, 2011

S goes to a friend's house

I am behind. Waaaay behind, again.

We've had a busy but great week here with Grandpa V. and E visiting! So much to do, so much to see. But more on that later. I promised an update about the crazy call from my 1st grader S early last week.

We were waiting for the kids to get home when the phone rang, and it was S. He was "just calling to tell you" that he was at a friend's house in BS (a good 10 minute drive away).

Me: "What? How did you get there?"
S: "I took a bus."
Me: "What?!"
S: "A bus."
Me: "What?! What?!"

I was shocked and did what I always do when I am shocked: posted immediately to FB. I mean, these things are important. People have to know about these things, you know?




ME
OMG!! OMG!! S just called from and friend's house in BEIT SHEMESH!! to tell me he's there for a play date! Um, ok.... ?

December 30, 2010 at 4:01pm via iPhone · Privacy: ·  · 


  •  likes this.

    •  nice...
      December 30, 2010 at 4:07pm · 

    •  Is that the town next door or something? Got some independent kids there, Mama.
      December 30, 2010 at 4:07pm · 

    •  You need a clock like the Weasley family in the Harry Potter books. Maybe iPhone will make a Weasley clock app where people can kinda check in now and then with a status update. Course that means all your kids would have to have iPhones, but what the Hell.
      December 30, 2010 at 4:09pm ·  ·  1 person

    •  I got freaked out too when my T did that to me for the first time months ago!!!
      December 30, 2010 at 4:12pm · 

    •  At least he called.
      December 30, 2010 at 4:19pm · 

    • ME:  yup, about ten minute BUS ride!! Took the bus with the friend! S is SIX!!! I guess so, but I am not ready for this!!'
      December 30, 2010 at 4:25pm · 

    •  No, at 6 this is a bit independent, even by Israeli standards. And we don't have to follow ALL the Israeli standards either, just cuz we are here. Unless you are perfectly OK with this (which it doesn't sound like...), you're gonna havta stop it now, 'cuz it will (because of the culture) happen again...
      December 30, 2010 at 4:34pm · 

    • I would be totally freaking. Did he at least tell B?
      December 30, 2010 at 4:36pm · 

    • ME: Ok, trying to stay calm. We'll have a chat when he gets home, don't you worry!! Out of the blue we happen to have the car this afternoon and BAW happens to be home, so he's on the way to get him...
      December 30, 2010 at 5:01pm · 



    • HahaHa- say bye bye to your little Americans!!! Contrary to what Z wrote- six is not at all too early according to MANY israelis. I remember loads of incidents that occurred with kids this age or younger...December 30, 2010 at 5:06pm · 



    • Oh and M's comment- "he called! That's not Israeli at all"
      December 30, 2010 at 5:08pm · 

    • ME: My favorite is BAW's story of when he was three or four...I'll blog it later from a keyboard
      December 30, 2010 at 5:08pm · 

    •  ‎!!!!!!!!
      December 30, 2010 at 5:09pm · 

    •  Gotta love a 6 year old who feels comfortable enough to get on a bus with a friend! You go, S!
      December 30, 2010 at 5:36pm · 

    •  I guess there are certainly some differences between life in the US and life in Israel!
      December 30, 2010 at 6:31pm ·  ·  1 person

No comments: